Has anyone been successful with 3 day potty training?

This will be day two for me and we had several accidents yesterday and it still hasn't clicked for him yet. He holds it and then only lets out some. I run him to the potty and he looks at me like I am crazy. We change underwear, clean him up, flush (even though there is nothing there it just makes him happy), and off we go again to repeat the process. I am not going to give up yet. I hope he will show signs of improvement today and even more tomorrow.

jen2774161

Asked by jen2774161 at 8:43 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I used it for my two older kids - it worked great! The trick isn't the method as much as making sure they are ready. My youngest just turned 3 - he's not ready yet, so we'll try it again in another week. (My older kids were 19 months and 21 months).
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:48 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Should I continue to try for the whole three days and see what happens?
    jen2774161

Comment by jen2774161 (original poster) at 8:55 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• It worked for my son. Three days, no diapers, not even at night. He had some accidents but by the end of day three he knew what to do. Stick it out
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• never tried it... but if it doesnt work, dont get discouraged and dont pressure him... he will learn when he is ready. My son took close to 3 months to fully (pee/poo and night) train..
    Chantibug

Answer by Chantibug at 4:20 PM on Jan. 4, 2011