How Many of You Are S A D ? Seasonal Affected Disorder.

Seasonal Affected Disorder, and it's due to the winter weather, the longer darker days. I know in the winter I seem to turn into a hermit. I don't really want to go out a lot, or really be around people a lot, but never thought about it being a disorder. In my grief therapy my therapist did say staying in a lot(when excessive) is also a disorder, but when it's cold, I don't care, I just want to stay in. Are any of you S A D ?

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 8:50 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Health

• ME ME ME, but we are going to get one of those light box's. They say they really help.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:14 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I don't know that I would be diagnosed officially with it - but I do know that I'm more apt to be a recluse when the weather is gray. On sunny days I have plenty of energy; days like today (overcast!) I don't want to do anything.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:53 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Wow, I had no idea it was a real disorder, I just thought of it as the winter blues. This year we haven't had a long string of cold temperatures, so it's not been bad, but usually, yeah, I just feel blah all winter. I love spring and fall - those are my high seasons.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:54 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I dont know thatd I have that disorder but I do stay inside and do alot less in the fall and winter. Mostly because I cant stand the cold. It snows here and I wasnt raised around snow. It really aggravates me and the cold feels like a million pins slapping my face when it is cold outside. I just prefer to stay indoors and take Vitamin D.

Answer by gemgem at 8:58 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• not diagnosed, but I am definitely happier in the Summer.
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 6:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2011