I need help with my 11th month old daughter...

What is something I can give her to calm her stomache? she's been throwing up and not sure what I could give her to ease her stomache. she's been throwing up her milk.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Stop giving milk and start giving pedialyte or gatorade. The milk will make it worse. She needs to hydrate. It will not hurt her.

Also, call the doctor. They may want to give her a shot to stop the vomiting.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:54 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• If you breastfeed, nurse a little at a time. If not, give small amounts of pedialyte after 1 hour of no vomiting. Increase the pedialyte, a little at a time, if she continues to keep it down. No other food and drink until she's no longer throwing up.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:14 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• DO NOT give gatorade, but pedialyte is good. I was told to water it down, but my dd was a lot younger when I had to give it to her. I would still water it down for an 11 month old because it's designed for toddlers, but full strength should be ok. Start with 1/2 an ounce per hour and increase it little by little every time she holds it down. You can also give her things from the BRAT diet; bananas, rice, applesauce and dry toast. All of those should help calm her tummy. Just give it to her in small amounts, any large amount of anything will make her tummy upset worse.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2011