Do You All Have a License For Your Dog?

We do, we live in the Country and have an invisible fence, so she runs the yard as she pleases. We don't want any problems with such a minor detail of NOT having one, and making it a MAJOR detail. Our state now lets us due it on line, and it's really great.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 8:54 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Pets

• no we dont legally need one however both are chipped
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:38 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yes, both of my dogs have licenses, as it is required by the County. We can also purchase or renew the dog licenses online now, too, which is so much more convenient.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:57 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Im in the UK so we don't need licences, but then again not many people here will let a dog roam free. What is an invisible fence? An electric fence?
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 8:58 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Per the laws of my local town, my 3 dogs and 1 cat all have licenses.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:08 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• We don't have any dogs, and it's not required for our cats. If we do get a dog then yes, we will. When we moved to town we had a very sweet little dog that stayed outside. The school kids would walk past our house to go to the park (where they go for PE on nice days - so several classes several times a day) and she would bark and run along the fence - kind of saying hi, wanna play. One of the teachers took that as a threat (but the dog was on a leash inside our fence) and called the dog catcher on her. We were told she had to have a license or they would take her - fine we did. We did end up giving her away though, several kids started throwing rocks at her and a couple of times I caught them (the kids) trying to get in the fence. The dog was not mean, and she was little, but she was the only outside dog on the way to and from the park, and I think I know why.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:17 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Yes both our dogs have licenses~~in fact I have to remember to re-new them by the end of the month
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 11:31 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• yes where we live they drive up and down and do checks they knock on the door if your dog does not have a collar
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yes but not for area we live in now so I need to go redo that for here, thanks for a reminder, he stays with me always but its the law and a good thing to do.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 9:28 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I don't think so but I ended up with my moms old dog when she passed away so I'm not sure. Not to worried about it though. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:10 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• If the dog goes outside or has to go to the vet, I'll have to I guess, but he's an indoor dog and very healthy and I've had no reason to do it. They don't even know he exists. He's just always been in the house since puppy-hood.
    Mandz1

Answer by Mandz1 at 9:20 AM on Jan. 4, 2011