What would you do? (Pro-life, Pro-choice)

Some PL's base opinions on religion & the bible stating abortion is murder. PC's have other beliefs. If u were PL & u were brutally raped, maybe from another nationality, would u change ur mind? It's easy to say ur 1 way on something til it happens to u personally. I got pregnant & bc of what happened, I filed paperwork 4 an abortion. I went there, saw those women & couldn't do it. I now have a DD & can't imagine my life w/out her. It isn't her fault how she got here. 1 day I'll tell her (her BF) & that is something I deal w/ all the time. However, some say they would have gone through w/ the abortion. I guess I'm saying, people shouldn't form opinions on things they have no personal experiences in & bash others 4 choices made. I feel that if u experience something as horrible as this u would have a different outlook on things, no matter what ur final decision. Thank God we have a loving and forgiving God.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I'm just wondering why a rape is worse if the rapist is a different nationality. what's that got to do with anything?
    sorry for your experience.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 1:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• For me no, but for some people it might be an issue. That is why I ask. Just another factor in the situation.
    Anonymous

• I think you made a good decision, sorry for what happened though.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 1:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I hate all the annoying abreviations, just venting! I believe we all should have a choice over our body, but when it comes to a baby..to each their own. I could never suck the life out of my baby, no matter how horrible the situation of conception was! This will always cause disagreement in people. Abortion is a hateful, selfish, ugly choice...IMO!
    Anonymous

• I'm going to second the annoyance on the abbreviations...pplease write out the words so someone can actually comprehend the question.

Now, what were you asking?

Answer by gdiamante at 1:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I had to abbreviate because I am only allowed 1000 characters. Sorry.
    Anonymous

• I believe that it is a womans choice and I am glad we have the right to make that choice especially in cases of rape. Not everyone could live with a daily reminder even if it is also their child, and you are a strong woman to have made that choice. I wonder if people who say No no matter what would feel the same if their daughter was pregnant from a rape? The only time I totally disagree with abortion is if someone is using it as a form of birthcontrol, for instance when I was in high school there was a girl who had 4 in a couple of years, get on the pill already!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Goaliemom93.....that wasn't "Marsha Brady" was it? LOL!!! JK
    Anonymous

• You are absolutely right. Someone else had posted a question putting us in a hypothetical situation similar to what happened to you. (I'm so sorry btw). I said that I can tell you what I would hope I would do, but there is no way I can say what I will do until I've actually been there. I would like to say that I would not have an abortion, because I am so against it. And I would probably give the baby up for adoption. But again, who knows. It's never happened to me. Good for you for keeping your child. She truly is a blessing.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I myself always thought that the only time that an abortion should even be considered is if a woman was raped and knew that she would not be able to handle the pregnancy and raising the baby or if the mother's life was in danger and there was no other option. HOWEVER I honestly do not know if I would ever be able to go through with an abortion even in these circumstances. I am sorry about what happened to you.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2008