This whole story w/ Brett Farve & the NY Jets makes me wonder..

Why is it necessary for any reporter, male or female to conduct interviews IN the locker room? Why not wait until they are showered & dressed & catch them coming out of the locker room. If my husb was a player, I wouldnt want a reporter & CAMERAS on him if he was not fully clothed. I think this would also help to avoid potential lawsuits like the one that's recently been filed. What are your thoughts? (*Plz no bashing- this is not a women's lib issues- more of a common sense thing- I love that there are female sports reporters- or female anything- Afterall, if my dau asks what she can be when she grows up, I can tell her ANYTHING SHE WANTS TO BE!)

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 9:24 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• In my opinion, women do not belong in a men's locker room period, just the same as men don't belong in a women's locker room. What I don't understand is why you always see interviews from men's locker rooms but never one from a female locker room. We have the WNBA and other women's sports, but we always wait until the women are properly attired. Why are women afforded the luxury of modesty and not men? I say no locker room interviews at all. Wait until the players are showered & dressed.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I agree, common sense.

As a male or female, why would you want to go in a locker room and interview anyone....

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:38 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I agree - I've never understood why anyone needs to be in the locker-room, the reporters can talk to the players before they enter or after they leave. It's not a women's lib issue to me either, it seems like common sense.

Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:30 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I agree. I think many of the female reporters love the power they feel entering a locker room filled with naked men. My friend is married to an NFL player and more than one female reporter has hit on her husband. One was so bold to tell my friend she was going to have sex with her husband in the not so distant future since she liked what she saw in the locker room. It is wrong to have women in there or any reporter in there the guys should have some time to decompress after a game.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I so agree!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:08 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I don't understand it either. I wouldn't want to go into a men's locker room. Rumor has it they smell bad anyway.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 12:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• i dont get it either! its not like they will get any special info they wouldnt get 15-20 mins later, after the guys had showered & dressed.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• The ONLY good thing about locker room interviews is that they tend to be unrehearsed... more raw and visceral than what happens later in the press room. But... I prefer the ones done on the field before they even hit the locker room.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2011