My 3 year old is always sick!

It's one cold, cough, stomach bug after the other. I don't know what to do! He's so picky and he fights sleep so I'm sure that is a lot of it. Any advice???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Health

• Talk to the peditrician....

Is he in day care? Did you keep him from every possible germ out there? Is he taking vitamins?

My kids were never confided, they were exposed to life, sometimes if you try to protect them too much you don't teach their immune system to do the right job....

If he is in day care, then time to speak to the director. My daycare is tough on that because we can't drop off our kids sick then every other kid gets sick, not good for the parents nor the daycare...

Vitamins, make sure he takes them daily... Good luck!!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:56 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• The average cold for a child about his age or a little older is about 5 or 6 a yr, normal believe it or not, is 10 a yr. He may have a immune system just over active ,your house could be too clean, another shocker. He may also have an upper respitory system with allergies causing more colds. He needs lots of sleep, fruits, veggies, solids foods. It is a pain in the neck, my DD had that with her CHD, but it was the CHD at home picking up the virus from the CHD in school, and she didn't get sick.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 4, 2011