Did/Do you carry a diaper bag? What's in it?

I never carried a diaper bag. I just stuck a few wipes in a ziploc bag, a diaper, and maybe a small toy in my purse and off we went.

I notice most mom's have giant bags full of all kinds of stuff...diapers, change of clothes, toys, bottles...

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 9:40 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• I can spot a first time parent at the mall a mile away. The cadilac stroller, 3 diaper bags, every toy, item imaginable haning off the sides of stroller, basket underneath over flowing.
    Then there is the veteran parent, umbrella stroller, Pamper in the back pocket of jeans.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:49 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I have 3 girls ages 4, 2 and 10 months old with that said....

*Diapers for my 10 month old
    *Diapers for my 2 yr old
    *Change of clothes
    *sippy cup
    *bottle
    *formula
    *a couple toys
    *wipes
    *a small zip lock bag with medicine/sunscreen/baby lotion
    *and my wallet because i never carry a purse unless i dont have the kids with me

If I know i will only be gone for like an hour i dont take a diaper bag but for anywhere more than an hour i pack it.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:59 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I do..
    ♥Diapers
    ♥Wipes
    ♥Change of clothes
    ♥Receiving blanket
    ♥Bib
    ♥Bottles
    ♥Formula
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:43 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• No - I have an oversized cotton purse. I stick in diapers, travel pack of wipes, a few snacks and a bottle of water. I always keep a change of clothes for each kids in the car. If I'm dropping my son off somewhere he has a tiny backpack (it's actually intended as an insulated lunch bag, but it fits a 2 year old!), that he can put 2 diapers, small pack of wipes, snacks, sippy cup and a couple toys.

Answer by missanc at 9:46 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• yes.. diapers whips bottles formula, snacks, meds, change of clothes, toys, camera and extra stuff for me....
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 9:54 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I leave it in the car unless I am going to be in a store for a long time. It has diapers, wipes, snacks, change of clothes, and toys in it.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 9:58 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I did with my first but by my second I just kept the bag in the trunk and put an extra diaper and wipes in my purse
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 10:03 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I have a very busy 14 month old little boy! I carry diapers, wipes, boogie wipes, kleenex, 2 toys, camera, 1 change of clothes, a snack & sippy cup. If we're just going to the grocery store I bring a snack, sippy cup, 2 toys, a diaper and wipes.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:05 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Lately, it feels like my life is inside that bag! I carry diapers, wipes, extra pair of clothing, themometer, diaper cream, tylenol, sunscreen, fork and spoon, goldfish and crackers, crayons, paper, paper bibs, my wallet and keys.
    tracimed

Answer by tracimed at 10:26 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Everything I need usually fits in my large purse. If we are going to church we pack the "daddy bag" (which my husband carries) and it has more toys and activities to keep them quiet during the Liturgy.
    I have a 2yr old and a 1yr old..so they can get noisy if we don't have distractions!
    Otherwise just some diapers, wipes and a snack and sippy cup will be ok for the day.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 10:29 AM on Jan. 4, 2011