I am a paranoid person. I always take preventative measures to ensure nothing can happen to harm my children or myself if possible so as to protect everyone. I am SUPER PARANOID.
Explanation: 1) I hate cooking meats because I am afraid of under cooking them and causing my children to be harmed by under cooked foods.
2) I use my parking break no matter WHERE I park so as to always remember to use it so I can hopefully prevent the van from ever rolling and hitting my children.
3) When the children get sick I watch them CLOSELY to ensure they do not need to go to the doctor or hospital.... yet I typically take them anyhow 99% of the time.
4) Rashes freak me out.
5) Fevers freak me out.
6) Blood scares the hell out of me when it is exiting my childrens body.
7) I make sure they eat healthy to keep them from becoming unhealthy.
8) I keep them active to keep them healthy.
9) I'm afraid I will come down with cancer or another life threatening condition which will kill me and leave my children defenseless and without me.
10) I am 25 and already want a will and testament and to set my burial/cremation wishes into stone and have them paid for so that burden is not left to my children.
**There is more, but I don't have time to sit here all day.**
I shake 90% of the time from stress. I bite my nails. I don't sleep well. I have anxiety and depression. My chest hurts at times. I have panick attacks if things don't go accordningly and start to get haywire. I am stressed from my own paranoia but honestly don't care to change it because I know my children are safer due to it.
It all started when my oldest almost died when she was only one month and five days old and the hospital has NO explanation for why. (Well, I had anxiety and depression long before that but that one incident set the tone for my parenting.)
My children DO NOT see this side of me. It is part of my nature. I am not a helicopter parent and do allow them to live and be children.... but I am always watching to ensure nothing too dangerous ensues and that I do not need to step in and stop something dangerous from occurring.
So... if the children do not see my paranoia, and it is protecting them, I know I will never change because I see it as precautionary measures for the safety and life of my children..... WHY should ANYONE else care and harrass me for the things I do?
My SO makes comments about my paranoia and when I made a comment about something to a co-worker about how I would handle a situation she told me I can't live my life this way. Why is it anyone else's business but my own?
Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in General Parenting
Answer by premiemom18 at 3:18 AM on Jan. 5, 2011
Answer by Scuba at 10:11 AM on Jan. 4, 2011
Answer by Steph319 at 10:10 AM on Jan. 4, 2011
Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:31 AM on Jan. 4, 2011
Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:38 AM on Jan. 4, 2011
Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:12 AM on Jan. 4, 2011
"Prob because they care about you and want you to be happy and relax abit instead of worrying your life away."
I totally agree with that. I mean, I have paranoid moments, too. My biggest fear is my sons getting run over, because when I was a kid, I learned what death was when my 18 month old cousin was run over by a school bus.
I try to keep in mind that the more I'm paranoid, the less time I'm enjoying being their mother. What if something were to happen to them? Would I want to look back and think of how I spent my time with them being busy worrying over all of the little things? No. With the extent of your paranoia and worries, I wager seeking professional help wouldn't hurt.
Answer by SpaceToast at 10:21 AM on Jan. 4, 2011
Answer by LiLJeni at 1:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2011
Answer by hootie826 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2011
Answer by SweetLuci at 10:18 AM on Jan. 4, 2011