Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should a single mom allow her boyfriend to move in if there has been problems with children services?


Answer Question

Asked by MAMAFalconX4 at 12:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • Nope!! The kids should always come first...

    Answer by PresleysMommy1 at 12:36 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

  • Depends who had the problems with the Cps and what the deal is with the boyfriend.
    If Cps has any reason to not like him, then no way he should be in the picture with the kids. If you want to see him, you need to do so without involving the kids and get someone to care for them. If he's bad news, you need to stay away no matter what.

    Answer by ChattyWifePlus2 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

  • could you live with yourself if some 'problem' happened to your kids? if you don't stand up for them who will?

    Answer by petunia812 at 2:11 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

  • no you should not have your boyfriend move in

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

  • r u crazy??? no way ur kids come first b4 a man....especially if their at risk already

    Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 7:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

  • Okay I think a lot of people are making assumptions here. Instead, I think some questions need to be answered for us FIRST. Is it YOU that was involved in something with CPS, or HIM? What were the issues and findings of the CPS case? How old are your children? How long have you been a single mommy? How long have you been with this boyfriend?

    If I can get those questions answered I can give you a more accurate answer.

    Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:16 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

  • If the issues with CPS have to do with your boyfriend then no you should not allow him anywhere near your kids and you don't need to be with someone like that, if it has to do with you and your kids then maybe he can help.

    Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:57 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

  • No way at all and if you consider it you will only be opening your world to trouble. Any man worth loving will be willing to try to work things out with you the correct way to ensure that everyone is taken care of and stable. DON'T DO IT!!

    Answer by Teachermom01 at 12:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

  • I really think it depends on why the CPS is on his case. Because maybe they were false accusations you never know and i think some ppl are jumping to conclusions here. You really need to find out from CPS why he was involved with them. If it is major then NO dont let him move in because as soon as they find out they will be all over you to. If its false and you believe it then its totally up to you if you dont think he is a risk

    Answer by hannahbear0401 at 1:36 AM on Sep. 16, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.