which style should I pick??

I have to go to a wedding, which shouldn´t be grat deal, except that it´s extremely stilish, and very powerful (politicians)people are attending . It´s rigorous etiquette, of course my dress is black and strapless, bnut i HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT ELSE, NOR MAKE UP OR HAIR... HELP!!!!

icampillosa

Asked by icampillosa at 1:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Skip the french twist. They are incredibly dated, and pretty much scream "I have no idea what I'm doing here" because they have become the poor womans "I did it myself, doesn't it look professional" look. Length dependent, go with a soft updo for short or less than 4" past shoulder length hair, and either a blowout, or hot rollers for long hair. A headband with a side part would be nice if you have bangs.

Make up I would stay pretty natural with. You want to be 'you' when you go. The bride will be center stage, so I wouldn't worry about trying to look high drama.
    Kestrel1

Answer by Kestrel1 at 12:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I'd do hair up in a simple style. A french twist or something like that. A classic, timeless style.
    Make up, go natural looking with accented eyes. Dark liner dark shadow -- but everything else neutral. The idea is to keep it sophisticated and not dated, but comfortable.
    abra

Answer by abra at 1:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• You could stop by a cosmetics counter and let them do your makeup.. also Merle Norman does it too. Hair, I would just go with a classic style.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I agree with abra =]

You need to go with something that's going to be very easy to manage that'll make you feel confident. If you're constantly excusing yourself to the bathroom or staring into a compact because you're afraid your hair is wrong or your lipstick is bleeding, you might make a bad impression. When your hair is unfussy and your makeup is natural but glam, you feel confident and others take notice =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• With you jewelry add something vintage like a diamond Bracelet and diamond stud earrings. Avoid big necklaces they will draw attention to your chest and you want people to notice your face. Make sure your heels are not any taller than 3 or 4 inches.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Keep it classic. A nice pair of black pumps and classic jewelery. I would do a simple french twist for your hair. I like the idea of vintage jewelery, too, for a classic look. Simple makeup with a punch.... either dramatic eyes, or if you're not comfortable with that, red lips. Sounds like fun! Have a blast!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 4:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2008