How connected do you feel?

To your family? Do you live near your family? Do you feel involved with your family's happenings? Just curious!

Camilletnt

Asked by Camilletnt at 10:23 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I live about 2 miles from my mom and dad. I don't really feel connected, but I do go over there some. I don't know if that is wrong of me or not, but it's the way I function......
    msm2010

Answer by msm2010 at 10:25 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• As for my sister, well i swear she has no compasionate feelings for anyone, she's very selfish and uses anybody so i try to stay away from that purposely.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:37 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I moved three states away for a reason.....
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 10:44 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I live across the country from my family, which is of 8 people. My parents, along with my five siblings (of which, I'm the eldest daughter) live in Boston- my SO, DD, and I live in San Francisco. Regardless, I'm extremely close to all of them. I talk to at least one family member a day, and usually email with another, and skype with my bro once a week. My older brother and my sister closest in age to me are two of my bestest friends in the world, and I love my youngest siblings as if they were my own.

Ironically enough, even though I'm the furthest away- I stay more closely connected to everyone than they do each other. It hasn't always been like this, but it's one of those things where you don't know what you have till it's gone- then you cherish it a lot more. Also people grow, live, learn, and change. Sometimes I feel out of the loop for the obvious reason that I'm away, but that's why things like Skype were invented :P
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• :( I live too far away from my brothers :( I miss them more and more everyday but my parents are deceased. My husband and our kids are closer than most families... hopefully it stays this way throughout their lives.

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• i live near my family too...i guess i kind of feel out of the loop with them when it comes to funtions but then again, they dont do family parties and all, if they ever do anything, i feel wierd coming around but that also could do with how my husband did things when i married him, he made sure he called his mother every night, went to her house with all of us every weekend to spend the nights there, i never did that with my family, he didnt show any interest in making sure i went to see them either (i dont drive).
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I am connected to my sons and myself thats our family.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:00 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• im close to both my mom side of the family & my dad side of the family sometimes i feel out of the loop but i love them all
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:22 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• We grew up in Boston and live in the general area still, all but one of my sisters who lives in the Midwest. We are still very connected as a family on pretty much everything! I love that.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I find my connectedness waxes and wanes with the times. It all depends. I do not live near any of my siblings.. I am at the closest I have been in 16 yrs with my sister but I feel probably less connected than I was hoping. Everyone is so.. " I am just so busy". When did life become so busy? I hope my children stay more involved with each other. I guess time will tell.
    Camilletnt

Comment by Camilletnt (original poster) at 6:52 AM on Jan. 5, 2011