Hey, help me.... My 4 kids are driving me insane...> JUST JOKING-i need tips!!!!!

So I am starting out the new year on a good note, but yesterday didn't go as good as a planned, but I see little progress.

I hid the remotes so when they get home they have no tv until homework is done and rooms are neat , but they are so not motivated.

I keep repeating and repeating my self and now we are talking about the 11 and 14 year old, this morning they didn't want to get up for school, so tomorrow, I will be up and hour earlier, and see how that is.... I know it will get better, but I was the type of mom who did it all for them, omg, BIG MISTAKE trying to correct. I admit when I make mistakes, Life is a learning progress, thank goodness, I finally learned. :) .

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 10:24 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• Try to sit down as a family and have a time where you can build a dream board together. Each child can pick things he/she wants to have or achieve or do throughout this year/month/week. You can discuss that if they do their homework or chores than they will get these things. Kinda a visual aid :)

Sabrina

csmsand

Answer by csmsand at 10:35 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Oh, good Idea.... I have to do it on the weekend....

That would be a great incentive..... :)

I was a push over mom and separated now that daddy is not in the household 24/7 they seem to act like I don't exist sometimes....Now, I am taking full responsibility and going full charge ahead. 2011 is the year for me...
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 10:37 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I do alot for my kids and when they dont cooperate or do what I ask them to do I stop doing it. I know it sounds silly, but for instance if they cant get up on time I have to go out of my way to get them up, which takes energy, which means I am more tired. That means it trickles down, and I might "forget" to do something for them, like oh buy their favorite snack, fold their laundry, etc etc. I sat down and told mine this and then started following through.
    As for waking them, easy peasy. Get yourself a squirt bottle, get up an hour early and go in there, turn on the lights and start squirting. I know it might sound mean lol, but after a couple times of that they will get up on their own. Homework, no one does anything, goes anywhere, watches TV, talks on the phone, gets on the computer etc until its done. You look at their stuff as soon as they walk in, and check it hourly to see if it is done RIGHT.

Answer by gemgem at 10:46 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I put the mouse, wii remotes, playstation remotes, blu ray, tv remotes, dvd remotes, everything in my secret hiding place. I also have a point system in which they earn an allowance and EVERYTHING goes on it. Good attitudes, getting up on time, taking showers, homework, educational computer time, walking the dogs, their chores, even brushing their teeth. The older ones balked at it and weren't doing anything. Then the younger ones started showing up with more toys and candy and movies and they wanted to know how come they got new stuff. I said they earned their allowance so I took them shopping. You earn yours, you can do the same. Sometimes they do it with a vengeance, sometimes we do the dance of power, but it steadily improves!
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 12:02 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• you could play them against each other and the first to listen would be rewarded with choosing the show or having more time on the computer/game. something like that... make a competetion.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2011