my baby is scratching himself crazy !!

my son is 4 months old. i cut AND file his nails after every 3-4 days. even freshly cut, they are sharp. but it wasn't a big problem before because i used to make him wear hand mittens all the time. but past 2 weeks he has figured out a way to pull off his mittens with the help of his toothless mouth !
during the day i keep an eye on him so i put them on again. but at night (while he is sleeping !!) he takes them off again. today morning when i picked him up from his crib to feed and change him, i saw one of his mitten was off (no surprise there) and a big ugly scratch on his cheek and 2 small ones on his nose.
this is becoming a routine ! what should i do ??? :(

cookie269

Asked by cookie269 at 10:26 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i put socks on my little ones hands, they always got the mittens off too. It seems like the socks are a little tighter fitting than the mittens were.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:28 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Definetely use socks and you might want to also put in a call to your pediatrician's nurse.
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 10:38 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• socks work great !!
    bwsmommy

Answer by bwsmommy at 10:30 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Call the peditrician it might be the soap or something. If all is clear...

Sock her I come, my son scratched too, and he was just a scratcher no allergic reaction or anything.

Must be a boy thing.... I have 3 girls and they never did that. JJ
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 4, 2011