Anonymous??

Why do you post answers anonymously? Yeah not everyone does, but still why do it?? Dont have the guts to let people know how you feel?

LizzieAnnesMom

Asked by LizzieAnnesMom at 10:37 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in About CafeMom

• For some privacy. You should be able to seek advice for things that might be slightly embarassing without having to reveal that you are the one with the issue. Also, your screen name can be searched on google and some of your questions/answers might pop up. There may be someone with friends, an ex, whoever, who has more time on their hands than they should and would do this to snoop around. Also, some people when asking a sensitive question might get e-mail messages from angry people who think they're going to change someone's life by being rude, nasty, or generally unhelpful, but are determined to shove their message down someone's throat.

Now, for someone who posts anon just to stir a pot, say something nasty to start with, they are just being cowardly.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Because i know people on here & i really enjoy being anonymous. I would not be on here, or post as much if the anon option were not available. I used to not know anyone on here, but i opened my big mouth & now I have tons of friends & family on here. I honestly would like to be myself on here & not feel like people are watching me or reading all of my responses, that makes me feel uneasy. Is that a good enough answer?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I have a question, why don't people use the search function under new and interesting to find the answer to super, everyday, common questions like this one?

why do you answer anon?

Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 2:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• you ave a problem with me asking this question then you are welcome to leave and not come back.

If you don't like the answers you get, you are welcome to click on the little x in the right hand corner. Please, be my guest.
    Just because I said it, doesn't mean you'll do it. You just got to deal and get over yourself.

And BTW, you completely missed her point! Your response was so predictable.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 3:01 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Because sometime it is embarassing or too revealing to show who you really are
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Everything done in public sections of CM are open to the internet. And it's very easy to do a search and trace back to who said what and when. Everything said online can come back to haunt you, be it with friends, family or work. For some answers and questions it's just prudence to use the anon feature. You'd have to get a court order to find out if person X said what as anon on CM. But any Joe Blow isn't going to be able to do that just by data mining Google searches when you use anon.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 12:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I usually ask & answer anon because of people IRL who have cyber-stalked me. I'm not going to lay low and do nothing when going anon is an option. I like to participate, I'm not one of the rude jerks, but I am sick of people IRL giving me crap for things I've asked & answered on here before.
    Anonymous

• Actually my point was that every possible answer to this question has been given. One can assume that you actually WANT answers to your question, else wise it is actually just a rant and not a question,  so why not do just a bit of research first. You got 20+ answers here and you made how many of them yourself? I offered you the option of getting hundreds of answers to your question. Obviously you are new around this section or at the very least you don't ask and answer questions often enough to be at a significant level and helping new people navigate around cafemom is what I do each and every day. Don't ask the question if you don't want all the possible answers. You are welcome by the way.

Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yes, I do.....

I don't post that way anymore.... Like me or not.

You get what you get....

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I have used it once or twice...I'm not afraid by any means to show my face-many CM know me by now as I answer and post a lot of questions here, but sometimes, for me...there are some personal questions that are asked that I do not feel comfortable telling the world about-personal experiences that are not always good, but I still want to help with advice to others without my identity being shown. So, for these reasons, for me personally I do like the option of having it.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 11:55 AM on Jan. 4, 2011