Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

Some PL's base opinions on religion & the bible stating abortion is murder. PC's have other beliefs. If u were PL & u were brutally raped, maybe from another nationality, would u change ur mind? It's easy to say ur 1 way on something til it happens to u personally. I got pregnant & bc of what happened, I filed paperwork 4 an abortion. I went there, saw those women & couldn't do it. I now have a DD & can't imagine my life w/out her. It isn't her fault how she got here. 1 day I'll tell her (her BF) & that is something I deal w/ all the time. However, some say they would have gone through w/ the abortion. I guess I'm saying, people shouldn't form opinions on things they have no personal experiences in & bash others 4 choices made. I feel that if u experience something as horrible as this u would have a different outlook on things, no matter what ur final decision. Thank God we have a loving and forgiving God.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I fail to see how being raped by someone of a different nationality is any worse than being raped by someone of your own nationality.

I'm pro-choice because I feel that I should have no say in what other women do with their bodies. I certainly wouldn't want someone making the decision for me, so why would I ever think it was okay to push my beliefs onto someone else?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• It doesn't matter how I'd concieve...I'd never be able to go through with an abortion.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Some people may have an issue of having a baby by a person of another nationality and that alone might cause them to make a decision one way or another.
    Anonymous

• I am 100% pro-life with NO exceptions. As the adoptive mother of a child conceived in rape, I know personally that there are families out there who don't care how the child is conceived. Adoption is always a possible answer.

And no, if I were raped I would NEVER abort the child. After all...the child would be mine as well. Could I keep the child? Probably not, I would probably find a family (like my husband and I) and provide them with a child.
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 1:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I am 100% pro-life with no exceptions as well. It doesn't matter to me how a child is conceived ~ it's a life worth living and they are an innocent party. I believe life begins at conception and there isn't any reason to abort that life. Adoption is a key answer, if you don't want the baby fine but don't kill them. They deserve to live just like anyone else.
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 1:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Kudos for you for keeping your baby.A baby is a baby,no matter how he/she was conceived.God give them life,and only God should have the right to take it. Good Luck to you and your daughter.When you tell her,she will know what a special hero you are.God Bless you for choosing life.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• For the benefit of the doubt - maybe she means that the baby would be biracial so it would be easy to tell just by looking that the father was someone else...not simply that it was worse because the person was another nationality.

In any case I'd call this an exceptional example of why choice is so important. Imagine if she were forced to abort the baby or give it up for adoption.

OP - I think it would be harmful to your daughter to tell her that she is a product of rape. Make something up. She doesn't have to know this to protect herself.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 1:49 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• i think before i had a kid i might have thought of it maybe done it but being a mother now i could never go through it no matter how i conceived. i knowthat is why i am pro life now because i am a mother and a child is a child. but i dont judge women who do it. imagine it has to be hard to do it and deal with it. but i just cant say its okay to kill a unborn child its the same as killing a 3 month old 12 yr old 70 yr old and so on to me.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 1:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I'm pro-life. I used to be on the fence re: the rape issue. But now thanks to something my son said... it's still a baby.

OP: kudos to you for having ur baby.

The only exception for abortion is if the mothers life is in danger.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I'm pro-choice.

I would never get an abortion myself, but I have no right to tell others what to do with their bodies. That is their choice and they are the ones that have to live with that choice, not me.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 2:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2008