Fantasy Jobs

What's your "fantasy job"? You know, the job you'd just love to do but you feel like there's just no way that would ever happen?

Me, I would want to do what David Sedaris does, write darkly funny observationl essays and go around reading them aloud at universities and literary groups. That job would fulfill every deep-seated need I have, I'd get to write, I'd get to speak in public and be funny, lots of positive attention and just famous enough that I'm ultracool yet the paparazzi wouldn't be interested in taking a picture of me in my sweats buying Chunky Monkey at 2:00am. Yep, I'd really like to do that.

What's yours?

Fistandantalus

Asked by Fistandantalus at 11:00 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• For me, it would be something involving exotic animals. Maybe working at a zoo, or as a conservationist in Borneo, something like that. I have a lifelong love for all creatures and can't believe I somehow ended up in a career that has nothing to do with animals. Life's like that, I guess.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 11:03 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I'd love to own a cozy bookstore coffee shop
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:07 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I would live to write stories for children but I can't keep my journal current so that probably won't happen :)
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I'd love to have been an Architect. To have planned out a few communities with homes I designed all from 2,500 sq feet on up so families had a bit more space for their money.

Also for me an actress..for comedies, I'd be the female Kevin James, love him! But now there is the actress playing Molly on that show...we could almost be sisters she and I ! LOL I need to apply now to be her long lost sister or cousin! LOL

One other thing is to have an animal sanctuary, for dogs and cats...horses...all animal..etc... like they have on DOGTOWN at Best Friends animal shelter, have one here on the eastern coast. A no kill shelter.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 11:15 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• to the OP, that job would be most awesome!
    However, I think my dream job would be a gossip writer. Lol
    or a Personal asssistant to someone not SUPER famous, but famous enough to see the inner workings and drama of there life first hand.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 11:25 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• owning an animals rescue shelter in every state and country and taking in all the hurt, abused, and lonely animals.!
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 11:29 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• have my own centerparck for kids where i can manage and play all time lollllll
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 11:30 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I am doing my fantasy dream job I started my own anime production company slow going but it hardly feels like work it feels like I was meant to be here.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:31 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• What a fantastic fantasy job!! Imyself would love to be published & tour & speak. I always wanted to get back into performing as well.
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 11:32 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I would like to be a travel and/or cruise critic.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 11:34 AM on Jan. 4, 2011