My 3 yo is always sick!

I asked this question earlier. My 3 yo has 1-2 cold a month for the last 3 years. We just did some allergy testing to see if that was it. Nope she came back clear at least for the usually. Again was asked if she has tried allergy meds, I again said yes. Any other thoughts??

She is being treated for an ear infection and I was given sudafed for congestion.

DevilInPigtails

Asked by DevilInPigtails at 11:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Health

• Is she in daycare? If she is, she will have to build up her imunity. That is what stinks about when they go to school or daycare for the first winter. They get every germ that comes down the pike.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:12 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Do any of you smoke? Do you bathe her regularly & wash her hands regularly? You need to figure out how she is coming in contact with these virus's. Does she go to daycare? Do you give her vitamins & feed her healthy food? Kids that age do tend to get sick more often regardless. My DD is 9 now & has not been sick in almost 3 years. She is nuts about washing her hands though, i really think that helps her out a lot. I know many kids her age & younger who never wash their hands...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:13 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Nope SHAM here, and it has been going on for 3 years.
    DevilInPigtails

Comment by DevilInPigtails (original poster) at 11:14 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• We wash hands after the potty which at 3 is frequent, every 3-4 hours. Yes, she takes a multi vitamin and she was breastfeed. She also eats a well balance meals and gets the recommended amount of fruit and veggies each day.
    DevilInPigtails

Comment by DevilInPigtails (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Jan. 4, 2011