what does a contraction feel like?

kaydencesmommy0

Asked by kaydencesmommy0 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• A labor contraction is when your stomach tightens up like it's in a ball and releases every few minutes. Most people say it's like a cramp in your stomach and back. But your stomach will get hard feeling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Also, not only will your lower muscles tighten and release, your back muscles will do the same. A good contraction usually starts from the mid of your back and work, sometimes quickly, around to the front, tightening and sometimes, it feels like it's hard to breathe. But beleive us, you'll know it when you have one. Keep a timer handy if you're feeling something like that, it could be Braxton Hicks, but the contractions are alot stronger and harder, just time them. If you have an appointment soon, keep a log and tell your OB. But relax through them all. You'll be fine.
    JafraMom

Answer by JafraMom at 12:46 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• very sharp pains coming and going...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• for me it was like light period Cramps. I had to be induced because i was a week after my due date so my doctor wouldn't wait anymore. i went in wondering what a contration felt like and didn't think i was having them. I was lol! so they can start as light cramping
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 2:36 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• They feel like excrutiating lower back pain or excruciating lower abdominal pain.
    Superpauul1027

Answer by Superpauul1027 at 9:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2008