Why is it that when there’s a question asking about a food like seafood, etc. some people on here answer with " nasty" or "gross". Why?

Why do they do that? When a post mentions a particular food that evidently they don’t like, wouldn’t it make more sense to just say they don’t like it, or just not answer? Don’t they realize they are being offensive? Do you think they would be insensitive enough to say this to someone in person or is it just because they’re on the internet?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 11:29 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I get annoyed when someone posts an answer to a question that isn't helpful in some way. Saying nasty or gross isn't answering a question, unless someone is asking the question - is this nasty or gross in your opinion. When I post a question, I really want to get some advice or opinions about what I posted, I get excited when I have answers, and I would be disappointed to see someone that just felt they needed to throw that on there without adding anything of value.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 11:33 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• lol. Or getting voted down for suggesting a food someone doesn't like! I work with a girl that will make barf noises after asking me what I am eating or when I mention what we had for dinner. I am like' Grow up!' lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:08 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Know what you mean... I really wouldn't say it's offensive, but a waste of time for the person who posted the question is more like it!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:30 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• insensitive? really?

And, BTW- bottom feeders aren't gross, they're simply unhealthy.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:30 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I don't know why that is either. I would think they could just go to the next question right?
    JAIMEELLEN77

Answer by JAIMEELLEN77 at 12:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• If I say "ewww" or something in an answer, it's what I really think. It's the same thing I would say to someone's face if I was asked the same thing. I may answer anon frequently, but what I say is exactly what I would say IRL, to anyone's face.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't take offense to it honestly. It's just expressing an opinion. To get voted down for it though is silly.

I love seafood btw (well some... fish, lobster, crab and shrimp).
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 4, 2011