Is this normal speed for dialation?

So i had a dr's appointment today and he checked me cervix... so friday i was 1 cm dialated... sunday i was 1.5 and today i'm 3! Is that normally how fast it goes or is that fast?

ArmyAngel18

Asked by ArmyAngel18 at 1:49 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes it goes ALLOT faster than that. Each person is different. Your within the normal range. Labor should start soon. Good luck.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• It's different for everyone!! Maybe that means you'll have a fast delivery!! With my daughter when I was checked for the first time at 36 weeks I was 3cm ...I had her 10 days early (so about 2 weeks later) But my delivery was really quick!! I went from 3-10 cm in about 2 hrs!!
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 1:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• how many months are you?
    Anonymous

• 9 months
    ArmyAngel18

Answer by ArmyAngel18 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• There is no "normal", sorry. :) I stayed at 1 for a few weeks, then was 4 when I went in to labor. They said I'd probably progess a cm an hour after that...yet eight hours later I was only at 6. They had to give me Pitocin to speed things along (my water had broken, so we had a stricted timeline) and I finally hit 10cm eight hours after I was at 6. Some people go from 2 to 10 in half an hour. Sorry, but there really isn't a solid answer. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• As the others said, everyone is different. With my first, when I went into the hospital I was 4cm and it took about 5 hours to get to 10cm. With my second I was walking around 3cm for about a week, then I went into labor and she was out in 3hours! Anyway, best of luck, hope it goes quickly!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2008