Any ideas?

Since our daughter was born I've been doing her room in Pink and Brown Polka dots. Well over the weekend the hubby painted an accent wall (pink) for me for her room. And I told him I wanted to paint a lyric on the other wall in pink. And he replys "thats fine, but all these things you're doing for her. What are you gonna do for Joey? (our 2 year old son)" With her I am able to do a theme because she's still little. My son is all into different things he love firetrucks, cars, tractors and Handy Manny, Mickey Mouse, Dinos I can't just do one theme. He loves stars and the moon. I keep trying to rack my brain to figure out how I could decorate his walls for him. Any ideas? HELP!!!

I feel bad because my hunny feels like I'm leaving Joey out but I have no idea what to do for his room. And of course he doesn't either. Men....

rebel07

Asked by rebel07 at 11:36 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ask you son, if you could do anything in your room you wanted, what would you do? Then start from there. You don't have to do what he wants, but you could fashion something around his ideas.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Google boys' rooms decor and you'll see some great ideas..............
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:41 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• why not do cars and trucks and tools all boys love that stuff i
    Tashaevans74

Answer by Tashaevans74 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• You can do a little of everything just keep the colors coordinated and it will look nice... A little busy but I think boys like that!!
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I would do a town theme. Make a construction site, then down the "street" make a fire station, and then a farm on his walls. Get Disney stickers of handy manny and mickey mouse and populate your locations. Then get glow in the dark stars and planets and put them on the ceiling. There are nice ceiling fans now that will fit any decor. Any empty space paint a nice subtle color that he likes. I would maybe put a few clouds toward the top of each site and have a road running through it all to connect the areas of the town. You could even have various building; stores, houses, schools, playgrounds to fill in around the main areas of the street. And all his characters would find a home.
    With my girls we use the decorative wall stickers since we move so much. They love picky out themes.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• You could paint the walls blue and do stars and a moon on the ceiling. Add trucks and cars to the lower part of the walls. Maybe put felt on part of one wall and make felt vehicles to stick to it.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 12:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Thanks!

@ Devilln I don't think I'd have the patience but great idea.

@bugfin He has a real tall slanted ceiling. Thats what I wanted to do but can't in that room.

I think I'm gonna paint one section of a wall with Chalkboard Paint. He likes to draw on walls anyways, Why not!! And do the other walls one red, one yellow, one blue etc...

Thanks ladies!

rebel07

Comment by rebel07 (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Since your son is two years old and he really is too little to actually tell you what he wants you may want to create your theme around a special character. For example my daughter was into Barney or there's Elmo,or Mickey Mouse or anything along those lines of thinking.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• You can definitely do outer space! I just got my son a "moon in my room" nightlight that hangs on the walls, is textured and goes through the phases of the moon. He also has a turtle that puts stars onto the ceiling and walls.

I am sure you could paint a solid color and then get a mural or wall hangings to put on it.

Asking him what he wants is a great idea, too.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 12:35 AM on Jan. 5, 2011