When is it to soon to start buying items for a baby while pregnant?

Im 3 months and want to start purchasing things that I know I'm gonna need since I have to start over from scratch but dont want to jinx myself. Any suggestions?

michellesgirls2

Asked by michellesgirls2 at 11:51 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Everyone feels differently about this. For me I feel ok about buying things when the 2nd trimester starts. I say go with how you feel and not what everyone else says.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• i think thats a person opinion. i waited until i was 7 months. some of my friends waited til they gave birth!
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 11:54 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I started around 3 months with both because we had a lot to buy and not a lot of money to wait until the last min. We had to put things on layaway and pick stuff up here and there...The advantage of waiting is seeing what all you get through the baby shower, if you have one.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:55 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I was very superstitious. I didn't want to jinx anything. I waited until around 7 months.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:01 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Haha man I was about 13 weeks and started. I had to get everything so my reasoning was to spread the cost of purchasing over as long of a preriod as I could. Everyone feels different so go with what you think. Good luck!
    elyssek832

Answer by elyssek832 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• buy things that r on sale only and remember a baby shower is so ppl get stuff for u but i am 14 weeks and buying things that r on sale that we need for the baby
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 12:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• We started buying stuff when I was like 5 weeks pregnant. We started buying stuff on sale that was gender neutral.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I refrained from buying anything until about week 12. Up until that point I was making lists and doing research on various baby products. Anything I wasn't 100% sure we'd use or keep I held off buying until the last month or so to ensure it would still qualify for stores return policies.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:33 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• never too soon
    hollinshead

Answer by hollinshead at 1:22 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I started about in the second to third month. I bought a little here and a little here when things were on sale so not so much to buy towards the end. I did hold off on clothes since did not know if boy or girl. But did stock up on diapers, diaper cream, baby book, shampos, baby lotion. If I did buy clothes they would work for boy or girl. But never to early to shop and compare prices.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:01 PM on Jan. 4, 2011