who does what in your house??

I am trying to figure out exact how much work you SO spouse husband roommate does compared to you. It doesn't have to be specific but I think I am letting my "d"h slide wayyyyyyy to much lately. So clue me in please ladies lol

elyssek832

Asked by elyssek832 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I do pretty much everything around the house. I am a SAHM and DH is military. DH and I share bath time because it's just a tradition for us to bathe the kids and play with them together while they are in the tub, But that and the trash (when he remembers to do it) is pretty much the extent of what he does around here. I don't mind as much anymore since I am staying at home.. but back when I was working full time I still took care of the house and kids as well. Let's face it ladies.. men really are the weaker sex lol If we didn't do these things, they would never get done
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I work and clean the house and go to school he says the second I start making fifty thousand or more he will help. I am moving to Japan next year.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• shoot i do everything! he says he works too many hours and thats my job. however i also work 3 outside of the house jobs also. so i don tthink its very fair.
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 11:59 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I do everything. Sometimes he mows the lawn. But he works and I don't-ish.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:59 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• We share equal duties. Dishes is not women's work neither is mowing the yard. When we notice something has not been done, we just jump in and do it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• if i was a sahm i wouldnt mind doing everything. but we both work and i do everything in the house and care fdor the kids activities.
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 12:01 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Normally.. I do the dishes, clean up and laundry.. pretty much everything!

My SO has no problem helping with everything & he makes dinner everynight.. and helps with baths.. =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:59 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I think I let the man slide to much too. He works 6-6 though.. so I don`t ask too much. On his days off I don`t hesitate to ask him for help. If I don`t ask then he won`t do too much. He also likes hunting and deer season is over thank goodness.. but that is a whole other topic... lol
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 12:02 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I think that it had a lot to do with the fact that he has lived on his own for 3 years so he knows what needs to be done. We have a wonderful relationship where I don't have to worry about my needs since he does that and he doesn't worry about his needs since I do that...
    It took many years to get here and many failed relationships so I have done my time.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I do just about everything in regards to parenting and cleaning. I also do all paperwork and bill paying. He takes the garbage to the curb and checks the fluids on the car. I work part time from home and he works full time outside the home. I wish he would help more I feel like I'm drowning in all the work that is produced from raising 5 kids.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 12:36 PM on Jan. 4, 2011