One blocked fallopian tube adult content

When I had an HSG test done last November to view my uterus and tubes it was found that just my left fallopian tube was blocked but not my right. So, I can still get pregnant. The risk of an ectopic pregnancy is there as the egg could stay in my blocked tube, therefore not moving into my uterus to implant; therefore an ectopic pregnancy.

Do you have a website I can check out to see if there are any guidelines as to how you can time intercourse monthly or every other month to coincide with when I ovulate from the right fallopian tube (not the left as it is blocked) to help us concieve? Or, have you personally gone through this and what did you do?

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 12:32 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I have the exact same thing. I had an ectopic pregnancy and had to have surgery to have it removed. They removed a portion of my tube and therefore blocked it with scar tissue. I'm not able to get pregnant from that side. I don't know that you could have an ectopic in the blocked tube, because the sperm would not be able to get through, but you could still have one in your other side. I'm always at risk now that I've had one. After my surgery, we tried for almost a year with no luck. Then I started clomid, which makes you ovulate from both sides. I got pregnant on the first dose and had a healthy baby girl. I'm now pregnant again on my own after only trying for 3 months. Doctors told me there is no way to chart out when you will ovulate from each side. It is just random. You could ovulate for 4 months from one side and then the next month ovulate from the other. If you've tried for a while, I would recommend clomid. Good luck.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Message me if you have more questions about this. I know it is very frustrating.
    moviemom22

• I am going to have to see how my cycles are now that I have had a natural miscarriage; 2nd in 8 months. That, in itself is very frustrating! We have been told that both babies were m/c due to a chromosomal defect as they were lost at 12 weeks (June) and now at 8 weeks (New Year's Day). I will wait to resume a normal cycle and certainly have some questions for my OB as to whether I can have a bunch of tests done just to see if it is due to hormone levels, uterine or cervical issues, blood clotting issues or maybe my egg quality. These things have not been checked yet as after my first m/c they just said, 'try again.'
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 5:19 PM on Jan. 4, 2011