Semi-permanent hair dye?

Due to finances I can not afford the salon and my hair is beginning to look horrible with 5 inch roots. I've read online that the semi-permanent is much less damaging. I want to keep my hair as healthy as possible. I will be taking highlighted hair back to brown. Do you have any advice or brand preferences?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• my only advice it two things: if you are choosing between two browns (especially with semi-permanents), go with the lighter shade, as you'll probably go darker than you realized. if its not dark enough, and the semi starts to fade (which is what makes it 'semi-permanent') too quickly the first month, use the darker choice the next time.
    secondly, if you have hair longer than the top of your shoulders or its thick, buy extra color. do not try to skimp on the application to make the product go 'further'..you'll get splotchy, uneven results.
    oh yeah, last but not least..read ALL the instructions BEFORE you attempt to color your hair.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Loving Care by Clairol
    firelites

Answer by firelites at 4:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• oh and STAY Away for any color that says the word ASH on it!!!
    firelites

Answer by firelites at 4:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2011