scared of toilet

my son just turned 2 and seemed interested in potty raining, so we go him a potty seat. first time he used it he peed, and we all cheered and it kinda scared him i think. ever since then, he wants nothing to do with it.... grrrr. Feeling bad but i didnt think it would scare him.. now what?

VelvetCat

Asked by VelvetCat at 12:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• is the potty seat for the toliet or one you can take anywhere?
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 12:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• if its for the toliet try using one that sits by itself.
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 12:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Its a little cushion one that sits on the toilet. we dont have room for an extra seat for him in our bathroom. i am trying to find rooom for a step stool...
    VelvetCat

Comment by VelvetCat (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I'd show him how fun it is the flush the toilet. Maybe that will help.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 12:55 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• The potty doesn't have to be in the bathroom, Mine would follow the child to what room we were in. She spent plenty of time watching her potty video in the living room sitting on the potty.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Haha this is exactly what my son did. He loved the idea of using the potty at first but after he did once or twice, now he won't go near it. I don't know why, he just seems to be afraid of it. He takes his diaper off, he can put a new one on by himself LOL, he tells me when he is going or when he did go(just not before), but he won't go near the potty....needless to say we're taking it slow. As much as I didn't want to I think I'm going to start bribing him with candy or something, just so he can see it's nothing to be afraid of. Good luck!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2011