I have a film on my dishes after being washed in my dishwasher

Wehave checked several things: the final rinse thing is full, I have also tried rinsing them prior to loading in the dishwasher. I have mentioned this to others, and a few people have had the same complaint. Then the third person to agree said they had heard that because of alot of people trying to go "green" they heard that the dishwashing soaps are starting to take out the "phosphates" - therefore, this "filming is becoming a real
"pain in the tushy"

Can someone possibly shed some light on this problem? Thank you. shgedogs

shgedogs

Asked by shgedogs at 12:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Use white vinegar instead of the "final rinse" stuff.
    Anonymous

• I changed dish detergent to get the film of of my dishes. I even wash ny hand at times.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 12:46 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• there are some gel things that you can add to your dishwasher to make then shine!! they work really good! good luck
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 12:46 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• White Vinegar in the rinse cup instead.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:46 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I've had this problem in the past but fixed it by using gel dishwasher soap (not powder) and cleaning the dishwasher by running an empty cycle with bleach. Make sure the filter is clean and the holes in the sprayer aren't clogged.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 12:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I put a squirt of regular dawn dish soap in there & it really helped out a lot. It even made my plastic more squeky clean. I use palmolive's green dishwasher soap & it seems to work well. No film. But, i think it might be because of the dawn in there too....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:49 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• check your jet dry and go to name brand tabs. This is what I did, not having the problem anymore.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 12:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I tried to make my own dishwashing detergent (going green) and it left the same film. I had to rinse with vinegar and go back to the old stuff. Did you try a new detergent or do you possibly have very hard water? If the level of rinse agent doesn't go down when you run it, maybe there is a clog. I'm just throwing ideas out there now lol...let us know what happens, please.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I've also had this problem & i solved it just by changing my dishwashing soap brand
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2011