To have another... or not...

I've always said that I was going to have 2 kids, fairly close together. But now that I have my daughter (14m) I can't imagine sharing my love and attention with another baby. But there is still a part of me that wants another.

My question is... How did you decide to have, or not have, another baby?

And please spare me the "it's my choice" and "I need to do what I feel is right" speeches. I just want to know what YOU did.

Doximama

Asked by Doximama at 1:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Just for Fun

• well, you know I have 2 and another on the way. I never wanted any kids at all and got pregnant the first time by accident. after having one, I did wonder how I could share my love with more and if I would love them equally. but, my desire for a baby won out and we decided to have another! now we are having our third and I think I wouldn't mind more, but hubby is ready to be done. for us, the biggest factor outside of our gut feelings was whether or not we were financially stable enough for more.
    orangecoolness

Answer by orangecoolness at 2:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I honestly felt the same way u did so i wanted to wait alittle while.Which i did and three yrs later came my little boy!
    leahc

Answer by leahc at 2:07 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I'm ready for another. All i ever wanted was to have babies. Now, the key is getting them to stay babies forever ... hmmmm. :) I haven't had any more yet. My dd is 18 months and I want her out of diapers first. I also have to get my CPA first. Those are my goals.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is 3 and I'm still not sure if I want another.. I agree with you on the not being able to share love/attention on two kids. I love my daughter and don't think I can have a better kid. I feel like I'll resent another baby! So.. for now I'm still undecided.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 3:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• We went back and forth for a few years because I hated being pregnant and hated everything about delivery. Then, when dd was 4 we just did it. Decision made, no more back-and-forth. Now, we have two kids, and I got my tubes tied.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I wanted to wait at least until my oldest was out of diapers so I wouldn't have to many expenses, but I found out that waiting those 3 years made it worst for me because I couldn't get pregnant after that so my two kids are 12 years apart. My daughter is 4 and my son is 16 and honestly I am ready for another one. What holds me back is who is going to watch the baby while I'm at work. That is the only thing that is holding me back from getting pregnant daycare is so expensive now a days. I have been lucky that my grandmother has taken care of both of my kids, but I don't think she can handle one more at her age....
    twocute4words

Answer by twocute4words at 11:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2008