Information on frugal living, progam to help with saving and with bills.

I am looking for any good websites, infos, programs, ect. that ppl have used and proven to work with budgeting and finances. My new years resolution is to improve our finances. Now I gotta fig out where to start?? Any suggestions would be great..thanks!!!

my3girls6642

Asked by my3girls6642 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:25 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Read up on Dave Ramsey... he's supposed to be good. I have a couple of friends who swear by him.
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 1:28 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Come join our Dave ramsey fan group on CM. Dave lays it out simply, with steps to help you along the way
    Pre-BS1 - make a budget and get current
    BS2-pay off all debt except for the house
    BS3-Save 3-6 months income
    BS4-5, start to save for retirement and childrens college
    BS6-pay off the house
    BS7-Live and give like no one else.

Those in BS2 are encouraged to run like a gazzelle away from debt, and to get it all paid off as fast as possible.

I paid off 45K in 18 months :)
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I personally like David Bach more than Dave Ramsey, his books are excellent and you can certainly find them at the library or at sites like www.paperbackswap.com

But I am an active member of a newer group that's really grown quickly RIGHT here on Cafemom called Frugalistas! I encourage you to join, we all share wonderful tips on living frugally and saving money in all areas of life! From utilities, groceries, making your own cleaners and detergents, etc. etc.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I had seen a Mom post that she uses Mint.com. I haven't used it, so I don't know much about it.
    Hope this helps a bit.

Best Wishes!
    www.ErikaCarrillo.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• tnunley--Where can I see the plan for the, Pre-BS1 - make a budget and get current step? That is def what I need to do, make a budget and get current!!! Thanks!!!
    my3girls6642

Comment by my3girls6642 (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Become a CafeMom Frugalista!! http://www.cafemom.com/group/112383

Answer by rkoloms at 11:40 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• In the Dave Ramsey Fans group on Cafe they have more information and links to Dave's budget tools, plus members that can help you write up a budget, menu list, etc. (bs stands for baby step by the way)
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/3751/forums/3751/General_Discussion

You can check out his book Total Money Makeover from the library and/or listen to the archives online at DaveRamsey.com.

I also swear by Dave Ramsey. We'll be debt free by the end of February thanks to the principles we've learned from him!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:08 AM on Jan. 5, 2011