wanna go party with the repubs? better get your wallet...$$$$

With Republican leaders anxious to set an austere tone for their ascendance into the House majority this week, the lavish fundraiser scheduled for Tuesday night at a trendy Washington hotel to benefit a dozen GOP freshmen is not exactly the populist image leaders are anxious to project.

House Speaker-elect John Boehner, whose name was featured on the invitation, is nonetheless skipping the event at the W Hotel, where lobbyists, political action committee managers and others paying the $2,500 ticket price will be treated to a performance by country music star LeAnn Rimes (a $50,000 package includes a block of eight tickets and a “VIP suite” at the W). The office of incoming Majority Leader Eric Cantor, another featured invitee, was noncommittal Monday night when asked whether he’d attend.

Is being a fiscal conservative always this fun? wink wink

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 1:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Ummm....I don't want to party with the Repubs or the Democrats. I can think of better ways to spend my money than partying with anyone,actually.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Actually yes, I party with GOP people quite often. It's called the Georgia Federation of Republican Women, and we can pay our own way thank you very much.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Sweet a kins did you post anything negative about the millions spent on your bosses inauguration? At least with this people are paying their own way into the event.lol

Anonymous

• Is it taxpayer money or GOP money? If it's their own money, they can spend it on strippers and forties and I don't give a crap.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• At least the tax payers are not paying for it like they do the democrats.

Democrats always forget to bring their wallets when it comes time to pay.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• There's a BIG difference between spending YOUR money on things YOU enjoy, and spending OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY on things you enjoy!!!

Seriously? Do you really find this to be a difficult concept to figure out, OP?!

Fiscal conservancy isn't a religion thing, it;s a responsibility thing. And as long as those who wish to spend their DISPOSABLE INCOME can still pay for all of their obligations, then what's the harm?! Hmmmm.....maybe these Republicans are choosing to STIMULATE THE ECONOMY?!?!?

:o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• these are DC strippers Sweet, not those flimflam hoebag Philly ones.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Maybe I am confused, but I thought the object of a fundraiser was to raise funds. I see no problem with people spending their own money however they want.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Oh I've been to DC and Philly.
    The DC bums say thankyou for a handout and the Philly bums just say F you to everything. They are Unionized.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:10 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• It's a fundraiser, don't you understand the concept. It's not taxpayer funds, it's individual contributing.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:57 PM on Jan. 4, 2011