Which cruise line is the best?

We are planing a family vacation. DH mentioned going on a cruise. Our kids are 4 and 6. Disney is just too expensive so that is out even though I would love too. So which cruises would be best for our childrens ages? We want this to be fun for them.

Shaylyn318

Asked by Shaylyn318 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Travel

• Royal Caribbean! We didn't take our kids on our cruise, but we checked out the stuff they had for kids (for future reference). We weren't on either of their 2 newest ships, which have more available. BIL & SIL took their kids on one of the newer ships (ages 3, 7, 9, 11 at the time they went) and they loved it. I don't know when it will be, but when we go again, with our kids, we won't even look at other cruise lines - Royal Caribbean is the only way I'll go!
    Anonymous

• Carnival is the least expensive and has a very "FUN" decor and Royal Carribean is tastefully decorated and costs a bit more- I would go on either again!!!!!!! Your kids will have a good time on either of those
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 7:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• We just got back last month from a 7 day Caribbean cruise with our 5 year old and 2 year old. We went on Carnival. The cruise was around $3K for 4 of us with a balcony. That INCLUDES excursions in the ports. 3 excursions for Dh and I, 2 for the kids and 2 for my mom ( we paid for her excursions). The girls loved it. It was our first cruise with kids..normally, we are by ourselves. It was a lot of fun with the kids and we've already put a deposit down on our next cruise to Bermuda.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• We just went on a carnival cruise this last summer and our son LOVED camp carnival. I'm not kidding, he asks us just about every day if we can go back on our boat so he can go to camp. I HIGHLY recommend Carnival and will never use another cruise line as long as the kids will be with us.
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 11:18 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Carnival and Royal Caribbean both do a wonderful job with catering to children, teens and adults.

Where are you based? If you don't have to worry about airfare you can still get some great deals despite the recent rise in cruise costs.
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 10:27 AM on Jan. 16, 2011