No seat belts

New device that when installed disables the start button of SBs are not in use. Also sounds an alarm if SB is unfastened when car is in motion.

Would you use this for a teen driver? Thoughts?

Posted in CE sections too

Sisteract

Asked by Sisteract at 1:52 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Absolutley-should be mandatory in all cars would save lives
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My mother's car has a highly annoying alarm that sounds if you don't have your SB fastened when the car is turned on or moving... SO, in order to get around having to wear her belt she just keeps the middle belt plugged in to the drivers side buckle... I don't see why this device would be any harder to trick, so it's a waste of money.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Well it would be easy to trick, but I like the idea of it. My mother's car has a sensor in the front seats and rings an annoying bell if there is weight on the seat and no seat belt. It sucks because she can't put anything too heavy on the passenger seat.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:52 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I think it's good for teens. Some adults also don't take the time to fasten them either
    Anonymous

• That's a very smart invention! I would differently want something like that when my kids start driving.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I think it's great and I would order it/get it and very much approve of it.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:59 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• My car beeps if the driver side's seat belt is not locked. I like this!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Good concept, but easily fooled.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 6:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• its a known fact that seat belts can save lives,they can also kill you depending on the severity of the crash....same with air bags....but i would deffinately reccomend that the seat belt be fastened before the car starts....i would teach alot of teens about safety,and it would help alot of adults out there....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2011