What's the nicest thing anyone's ever done for u?

melrose79

Asked by melrose79 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I have been blessed many times in my life by my loving family & friends. God always provides for me through others, even if it's not the way I want it to be. I just recently had "santa" send me $50 in my Christmas card, no name was left. I will always wonder who it was....
    luvr4ula

Answer by luvr4ula at 1:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I have also been blessed by having great friends and family that are always there for me, but the most significant so far was over december and again in january when my son was admitted to the hospital and the dr's couldn't figure out why he couldn't walk...all of my friends put a plan into action so I could stay at the hospital with my son and they took care of my daughter, house, everything...they even took turns sitting with my son at the hospital so I could go home to shower. My husband is in the military and was overseas at the time so it was a true blessing to have so many people come together and do things for me...even after we were home the helped with meals and providing care for my daughter when we had follow up appointments at a childrens hospital in another town.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 2:02 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I was traveling once and got stranded almost 1000 miles from home with 1/4 tank of gas, no food, 2 kids, and a debit card the bank had cancelled while I was traveling for "suspicious activity", and it was a Sunday, no less - no can't get ahold of my bank for a whole day. I was in tears in a gas station when a stranger walked up, pressed some cash into my hand and told me she hoped it was enough to tide me over until I could get ahold of my bank. When I looked up, she was leaving and I couldn't even stop her to say thanks. I unfolded the money to find the EXACT AMOUNT of my declined debit transaction (how I found out my card had been cancelled) TO THE PENNY. It was enough to get the kids some milk and enough gas to the next largest town and a Western Union for my family to wire me funds for gas and a hotel to get the rest of the way home.

Now, I try to pay it forward whenever I can.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Last year we (my husband and I) were going threw a period that was very trying for us and for our family. At times we felt like we were hanging on by our finger nails. When Christmas came we had no money due to paying lawyers fees and keeping a roof over our kids heads and food in their bellies. My BFF bought them TONS of stuff and sent them 3 big boxes so they would have Cmas stuff for that year. I was so greatful to her and she is amazing. Well we were home one day after church and the paster from our church stopped by. They had a budget meeting and he had mentioned that there was a family in the church that was having a trying time and needed prayers ect but NEVER said our names. Well he said when he started cleaning up after the meeting he found a index card on the table in the middle and it had a $100 bill paper clipped to it. The note was amazing. I am forever thankful to them. They made dinner that night possible.
    OhMissCrissy

Answer by OhMissCrissy at 2:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• also we never found out who it was (we wanted to be able to know so we could say thank you). I carry this card in my wallet still to this day because if Im having a bad day and thinking GOD why me!! and having a pitty party I take it out and it reminds me that there are good people in this world and that I should lead by this person example.
    OhMissCrissy

Answer by OhMissCrissy at 2:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I have been blessed many times in my life, but the one that immediately comes to mind is this~ I found an auction site, Listia.com. I saw someone had a gameboy advance for bid, so I did. Well, the bidding got out of my reach point wise, so another person on lisita offered to bid on it and won it for me. The owner of the gameboy will be sending it to us and enclosing a note from Santa apologizing for it being late. Anyway, today I received a message from another person on listia that she bid on and won 2 games for the gameboy and will be sending them to us soon as well! My DH and I are so pleasantly surprised by their generosity!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 2:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• A couple of years ago, we were in a bad financial situation. We're talking, $5 left in the bank account until payday, and payday wasn't for another week and a half. The next evening at church, there was an envelope on the table outside the sanctuary with my husband's and my name on it. Inside, there was $250!!!!! We have no idea who it was from. Since then, I have never doubted that God will ALWAYS ALWAYS supply our needs and take care of us!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:40 PM on Jan. 4, 2011