Ever read the side of a box of diapers?

Sitting here eating I was staring at the box of diapers on the floor and it says to rinse/shake out the baby's diaper in the toilet before disposing of it in the trash. Seems like an awful lot of work, why not just use cloth? lol Does anyone actually do this??

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have never done that. Nor do I plan to. And I have never seen that on my boxes.... and yes I've gotten bored enough to read them, lol.

Maybe it's the brand?

And shoot.... if you're going to go through that much trouble or use cloth diapers... why not just take to poop outside and throw it in a compost pile! Lol.... seriously.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Never do that. The box I have doesnt say that
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• LOL I use cloth, so I do do that. But I know how bad I feel for garbage men when the pick up those bags of trash with a weeks worth of poppy and peed diapers, esp in the hot summer months. Gross.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:08 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• i just checked the Pampers box we have and it doesnt say that...what brand of diapers do you have?

weve never done that...it kinda defeats the purpose of using disposable diapers.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:13 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• And that is exactly what I tell people who tell me using cloth was "gross" because you have to rinse the poop off in the toilet. I told them to read the box of diapers because you are supposed to rinse them too! Legally you are not allowed to put human feces in the landfill.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I've never seen that either (Pampers). When I throw them away I use the tabs to make a ball so nothing falls out. :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:15 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Just recently switched my 20 month old to Parent's Choice diapers to save money. He's never had any skin problems so I figured why not! lol Here is a pic of the box lol I have some pampers upstairs for the twins on the way.. i'll have to check out that box too lol

Ctink8189

Comment by Ctink8189 (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• You're supposed to flush the poop with any diaper, because it's illegal to dump it in the landfill. Just too hard to actually enforce so few people realize it.
    Anonymous

• Haha the best part is at the bottom...."You'll love Parent's Choice....we guarantee it.." Yah I love a diaper I have to clean before disposing of!
    Anonymous

• LOL right! Totally what I want to do everytime my son poops ;)
    Ctink8189

Comment by Ctink8189 (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2011