How do you arrange playdates??

I'm feeling like an awful mom. I have a 6.5 year old daughter, she's my one and only, and she has friends at school but no friends that come over and no one other than me and my hubby to play with at home. I've tried sending notes to parents with our phone number but no one ever calls. I'm not sure what to do. I feel bad for my little girl. Any advice would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• Sign her up for an extracurricular activity, like a sport or Girl Scouts. If your class was given a list of contact info for the other parents, YOU call them and tell them your daughters get along and you'd like to arrange a playdate. Or you can have a party at your house and send out invitations to all the girls in her class. Go to library story times. Go to the park.
    Not all of these suggestions will work, but one or two may, and that's all it takes. I've had some of the same types of issues with my kids, so I understand. Good luck!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Go to those open house nights at the school, meet some parents and go from there.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I agree that getting involved at the school is a great way to meet parents and get to know her friends. Also, if you are able to pick her up from school. I know for me I talk with the other parents that pick their kids up. You could also put her in an after school activity like dance or soccer. This is another way that my DD has made friends.

If you don't mind having a lot of kids around you could do a birthday party for her. When my kids where little we would invite the whole class, while not all the kids would come it was a great way to meet parents.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• It is better for you to give an invite in person. Find out from her, who she would like to visit, and go from there.

Maybe you could meet the parents at a fun spot, in the summer, I have my first time meet with parent and children at the park. Makes it easier, for all of us....
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• my son is only 2. will be 3 in march.
    He has had playdates before.. but its very hard to get apts. made with friends for them to come over or us to go there.. its a hard thing to work with but it all works out. don't stress your self out about it though that doesn't help it
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 2:23 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Yea do the open house or after school take her to the local park we see alot of kids from my cousin school and you can meet there parents an set it up from there :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 3:06 AM on Jan. 5, 2011