Opinions

If a couple can't afford to have a child, and can't even afford birth control (except maybe condoms), should that couple really be having sex? Always a chance of pregnancy with sex...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• They can be smart and try their best not to have sex at the fertile times. Even if they had BC it can fail.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• It would be dumb not to have sex if they want their relationship to work.

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• There are inexpensive ways to avoid pregnancy. Starting with charting the woman's cycles and using condoms and spermicide.

Birth control is cheap through Planned Parenthood as well.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:31 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Sounds like an excuse waiting for a pregnancy to happen, to me.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I disagree with the above mom. You do not need to have sex to make a relationship work. Although some would say sex is a big part for me and many others I know sex is a very small part. I know many who have wonderful awesome relationships with no or very little sex. Relationships are built on trust respect and commitment not sex.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Condoms are birth control.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 2:55 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• There are a lot of things you can do in the bedroom that can't lead to a pregnancy. And condoms are pretty affordable means of birth control. When my DD was little I took no chances on getting pregnant- or at least every possible precaution because I knew I could not afford to get pregnant again so quickly- financially, physically, or emotionally. I know it can be easy to get carried away in the moment but there are ways to be careful, even on a budget.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• safe sex is fine as long as they are adults & know the risks but being safe & playing safe is all ya can do
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:27 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• For MOST people, sex is very important. There is always oral sex as an option.
    Also, how many people can ACTUALLY afford a child? Or are you meaning are, like, dirt poor? I know when I got pregnant with my first, my hubby was low rank, and we didn't have much money. We lived in a crap house, in a bad bad part of town. Drive by shootings part of town. We made it work though. So, waiting to have a kid until we could afford it? We would have had to wait for several years to have one.
    But, sex is very important, it's affection, it's just a natural course of things in a serious relationship. For couples that have been together for a long time, it may be less important then it once was. But for younger couples, I'd say it's damn important.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• If they're smart and use condoms (as well as figuring out when they ovulate and which days are their most infertile days), I don't see why they shouldn't be having sex.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:11 AM on Jan. 5, 2011