Do I really have that much crap?!

I am moving at the end of the month (THANK GOD). all my stuff is in storage shed. we cant take ANYTHING, but what fits in car. :/ So i want to do yard sale. bf says no, yet he tells me to find someone to buy it all if i cant throw it away.. talk about contradiction. some is good to go on craigs list but other stuff is more priceless. we have an altima and its not HUGE but will do, and since we are taking the DOG there goes more room for our stuff. BUMMMERRRRR. sorry just stressing. and one curious as to what i have?!?! lmao jk jk

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Having more stuff than will fit in a CAR is not having too much. I couldn't take my possessions in one little car, that's nuts. Can't you ship some stuff?
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:24 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• some totes of pictures, and holiday stuff is going to stay with my bf mom. and she said she can ship, but it will add up.. we were gonig for a uhaul with a trailer to use less gas and just drag car along, but its 900 one way for a 10 footer!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• lus at least 400 in gas for truck not including tolls
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:28 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Yikes that is nuts! Hopefully you arent having to get rid of anything that you actually NEED. Paying for the U haul might be worth it if your going to have to turn around and buy furniture, appliances, furnishings, ect when you get to where you going! Good luck with everything though. Craigslist can be great but I agree with you on the yard sale idea also!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• You can do an estate sale, one person handles it, you just have to tell them what stuff is not for sale. I agree wholeheartedly with the PP, if it costs you more than 900 to replenish or establish your home elsewhere, you're going to be making yourself a lot of headache and work by not just getting the uHaul. Unless this is your BF's way of trying to tell you he doesn't like your stuff! Kidding.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I know exactly what you mean - I had to move out of my small house and rent it out and I was AMAZED at what I had accumulated. Makes me think twice now before I buy anything. And right now I spend $90 a month in storage - I've got to get that stuff out this month so I don't spend over $1,000 in storage costs for a year!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:49 PM on Jan. 4, 2011