my 7m old eat 5 to 4 time in the night she do not sleep all night and she do not leet us put her down much in the day and i feel like i going crazy because i get nothing done i dont eat i dont sleep all she do is cry if she not in my arms what to do

i talk to my doc and she told me to let her cry she will be ok but when i try that she can cry for very long and i began to feel like a bad mom

dena321

Asked by dena321 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Dena... here's the good news. She's NORMAL! They're not designed to sleep all night. It CAN happen. But what you're experiencing is far more normal. Google Elizabeth Pantley for "The No Cry Sleep Solution." You'll find it reassuring.

Don't leave her to cry... obviously it's not working. Do you have a sling or carrier for the daytime? It might help. Or... can she be put down for short times? If so, do what you NEED to in those short times. Need being defined as life or death. If leaving a thing undone won't kill anyone, it can wait a bit.

This is prime separation anxiety time... rolling with it is vital.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:46 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• My DS was a lot like this. You have to realize its a habit that has been formed and it will take time to get her to where you need. Start with putting her down longer each time during the day. I used to have a play pen in my kitchen and a saucer in my bedroom I had stations set up for DS. So when I was in the kitchen I would put him with the toys and say your okay mommy is just over here. He would cry but I would get my dishes done then pick him up. It took tim but he adjusted and is now a very secure 3 year old. At night I would give him his bottle and not talk or rock him ar anything kind of send the message it is sleep time not cuddle time. Again it is a process.
    sweetpea_mama

Answer by sweetpea_mama at 2:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I went through the same thing with my son....
    You need to find something you can give her to attract her attention let her know mommy needs some time to herself to do things like when i did the dishes my son would FREAK when i put him down...
    so i got a walker and put him in ther and let him roll around the kitchen while i did dishes or whatever it was i was doing.... and problem solved he was still right there with me and i could get stuff done....
    Stacysrocker

Answer by Stacysrocker at 3:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• i was there too!! my dd would freak if i put her down! now i set her down with something to play with and explain mommy is going to make dinner now and sure she would cry and pull at my legs but i would keep saying mom is right here ur ok! it just takes time! at night sadly my hubby did the whole CIO thing! i hated it!! but now she only wakes up once during the night vs 3-4 times! good luck mama!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 4:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Bump!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• if she wants to be held all the time and you cant get anything done try maybe a sling you can wear or a front carrier so shes up against you but you still have one arm if not both to use and still be able to move around and get things done
    lillymom828

Answer by lillymom828 at 11:18 PM on Jan. 10, 2011