How far in advance did you plan your wedding??? adult content

Im looking to get married next spring 2012, is that too long??? what did you consider when you planned for you wedding? or should i go to the justice of the piece and have a big reception???

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I planned for two years. It's not very stressful when it's spread over a long time.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 2:46 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• 1-2 years before the event is good planning time. Many places get booked up quickly. You need to book the Church (if having it there) and reception hall or other venue. Then music, caterers, flowers.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• All my life... JK!
    I was engaged on Christmas one year and then married in the middle of April. That was plenty of time (especially for someone trying to be 'good' and still be a virgin on her wedding day)
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• A year is common, actually. It took a couple of months just to find our location. We got married at a hotel, with a minister.

There are LOADS of good bridal planners and magazines out there... they can help. But start with a budget in mind. It will drive all your decisions.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I planned my wedding in 8 days. It was totally spur of the moment, but it was beautiful, casual, and intimate. I wouldn't have had it any other way.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• We had a pretty decent sized wedding and I started planning it just after we got engaged. We got engaged in May 2004, and got married in May 2006. I took int account the guest list, venue areas that we were interested in, catering versus a reception area in restaurant, how many guests had to travel far (we had many out of state) etc. I also had bridesmaids, groomsmen, ring bearer, and flower girl dresses to order, and arrange.
    We ended up getting married at an old old church that was kept by our preservation society, and having the reception at a local restaurant with a limited menu option so everyone could choose from 3 dinner plates.

Answer by gemgem at 2:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I did 2 years...It really helped w/the stress planning it that long..
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 2:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I planned ours in six months but I know that if we would have waited I would have had a much bigger wedding. But it all worked out we wouldn't have our DS if we would have waited so its really up to you!
    sweetpea_mama

Answer by sweetpea_mama at 2:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Two weeks. He had moved in with me, and it was going so well, we decided to get married before the seasons changed.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:57 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• As a wedding planner I'll tell you, ideally you should start about a year in advance. It's much MUCH less stressful that way!

Now, as for me, we had less than 6 weeks to plan everything. It's WAY more stressful that way, but it's what we had to do.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:58 PM on Jan. 4, 2011