recently seperated from my husband and need someone to talk with and some kids for my son to play with

Hi my name is Stacy my son is 2 his name is Wyatt, we recently left his dad (long story) but i need some friends with kids for my son to play with and for me to hang out with like "play dates" and stuff i don't know if im reaching to far or whatever but my son needs to interact with other kids and i need to interact with other adults.... lol I'm 23 and scared....

Stacysrocker

Asked by Stacysrocker at 2:59 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• Have you looked for moms groups in your area? Or support groups for single moms?
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 3:01 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• where would i go to look for "moms groups" see i don't know very much about this kind of thing....
    Stacysrocker

Comment by Stacysrocker (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Agree find a moms group or a lib group for your little one too~
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• You can just Google moms groups in your area, or you can look on CL or Yahoo.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 3:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• http://www.oregonmom.com/Mom%20Resources/mom_groups_portland.htm
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 3:33 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• A mom's group could be the perfect solution. But while you are looking for this, I've also found nice people for me and my son to hang out with at the library (we go for story-time since DS is little, but they might also have good 5 year old activities), the children's museum (just wander and chat or go to some planned activities), and the YMCA (the one near me has these mom-centered exercise classes.) Good luck!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 8:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• where do you live?
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 3:05 AM on Jan. 5, 2011