Questions for Christians about the end of the world (Revelations)

With all this talk of the end coming soon, it got me thinking. Many believe that Jesus will come back to Earth, take all the believers back to heaven with him, and the rest will stay on earth and go through "torment" before the end of time as we know it. My question is, what happens to the little children and babies who are too young to even know or understand anything about Jesus and the Christian belief? Or those who are mentally ill and don't have the capacity to say what they think or believe? My son is 17 months old and we were waiting to baptize him until he was old enough to understand what it meant. If you aren't baptized does that have anything to do with it? I'm not saying I believe all the end of the world stuff, but maybe it wouldn't hurt to baptize my son just in case? What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• All children, even those in the womb will go in the Rapture. For tose who are mentally ill or handicapped and have the understanding level of a child will also go in the Rapture. There is an age of accountability and that age is debated. Generally it's between the ages of 7 and 12. About the baptism, I don't believe in baby baptism. I believe in dedication but that baptism is a chioce we make after being saved. Don't worrk about your son. If the Rapture were to happen tomorrow, he'd go :) Hope that helped!
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 5:28 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• The Bible teaches about being old enough to understand and it's different for each person/child. My personal belief is that if a child is too young to understand sin/heaven/hell/etc then they will be raptured because they haven't reached an age of understanding. I also believe this covers people with a mental handicap who don't have the mental capacity to understand it and see their need for a Saviour. Baptism has nothing to do with going to Heaven, it is through grace alone. Ephesians 2:8-9 " For by grace are ye saved through faith and that not of yourselves. It is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast." I can show you a lot more verses about what it takes to recieve Salvation if you want, just PM me. I promise you, it has nothing to do with baptism or church membership!

If your son is too young to understand salvation when the rapture happens, he will still go to Heaven.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 3:25 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Depends on the belief system.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I think he knows how to take care of the little ones that haven't determined their belief yet.
    Anonymous

• I am no longer christian but I think that children are inocent and that they will not have to suffer because they are so young. I also dont think baptism has anything to do with it. As far as the elderly It goes by the heart.....how they lived their life if they were good people or not. I think that just because someone doesnt have an understanding of it anymore dosnt meant that they will go to hell or suffer because of that. This is how I felt when I was christian. I just converted to another religion because it feels like the right path for me. But all of what I said is what I was tought growing up from my family and my church. By the way I grew up baptist if it matters at all lol.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I don't think Baptism matters one way or the other. We get baptized as a symbol of our new life, and because it's what Jesus did, but is not a requirement for salvation. I think that there is an "age of understanding" that someone has to pass before they can be held accountable. I believe the little children and babies will be taken up along with the believers. My 13 year old is special needs and won't ever be able to understand what Christ did for him, I also believe he will be in Heaven with me.

Answer by missanc at 3:10 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• i had read that the children of people who have been Raptured will go with them, but i dont know exactly what the Bible says about it, if anything. i baptized my son because i was baptized as a child and i thought it was what you were supposed to do, but i think i'm going to get baptized again and with my next child i will probably wait.

dont worry though a few things have to happen before the Rapture that havent happened yet
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:07 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• i think all children will go with god. I dunno about mentally ill, never really thought about it
    inluv4ever4

Answer by inluv4ever4 at 3:10 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• The children will go with him who are not aware . God doesn't hold you responsible of what you don't know or have never heard. It would just be best to baptize him

hollinshead

Answer by hollinshead at 3:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• What Laura2U said.
    Anonymous