I'm having a friendly debate....

with my SO. We are IMing, this is what he typed; "You are right. she is blaming his condition on the divorce".

What do you think when you read that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• He's an alcoholic?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Not much you can get off of that besides what it says. She thinks his conduction is the reason for the divorce, or she's using his condition as an excuse to divorce him
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I think it's pretty straightforward, I don't see any double meanings here.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Oh, sorry, no he's not, but for arguments sake, let's say the "condition" is alcoholism. Here's the debate, the facts are that the "condition" caused the divorce; however, that's not what he typed. He stated the opposite and he's saying that's not what that means. Would you read that as the divorce caused his alcholism or that the alcoholism caused the divorce?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I thought alcoholic or addicted to something like a drug
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• alcoholism caused the divorce
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• i read it as the divorce caused the alcoholism
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:23 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I think I see what you're getting at OP...and the way I read what he typed is that his condition was caused by the divorce.
    If he meant that she's blaming the divorce on his condition, it should read "You are right. She is blaming his condition for the divorce" or "You are right. She is blaming the divorce on his condition".
    I think.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:25 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• It looks to me that YOU said you think she, the wife, is blaming his condition on the divorce. That the divorce brought on the condition. He has the condition because of the divorce. Wow, I had to think about that one.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 4, 2011