how do i get support as aparent o find some one whose child who cuts themselves to cope with problems.she is a cutter

she been cuttinf for 5 years.been already to hospial for six days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Health

• I don't have a really good answer for this but I do have experience. I used to cut myself from the age of 15 to 19. For me, it was an addiction. What helped me was having a caring family. Having someone to openly talk to. My mom told me to talk to her when I was feeling depressed, and it could be about ANYTHING. It didnt matter. She wouldn't get mad. I say just be there for her and don't judge. And if she doesn't want to talk at the moment, dont make her. That will only push her away.
    Tiffany_Frasier

Answer by Tiffany_Frasier at 1:42 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• i think that she needs therapy, and she probably needs meds. my sister was a cutter, mainly when she was using drugs, and she was depressed, now she is happy (she is out of the relationship that she was using drugs and unhappy in) and she no longer cuts. that makes it sound so easy, but it will be alot of hard work. also see if there are any group therapy sessions around where u live, one with other teens in it. it might not make her feel so bad to be in a group setting. good luck.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:57 AM on Jul. 7, 2008