Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tax question

I worked Jan-March 2010, then on unemployment March-Nov 2010. I am a full time college student with one dependent. Head of Household. What do I need to bring to get my taxes done? Book receipts? supplies? class sched? This is the first time Im doing my taxes as a college student.


Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • Bring your w-2 from your job, the statement you get from your student loan company about your interest, book and supplies reciepts, tuition statement, not sure what to bring from your unemployment. If you are a full time student you are tax exempt and should get everything you paid in back.

    Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

  • There is no such thing as tax exempt for the full time college student. Granted, most full time college students have low enough income that they do get everything back. But being a full time college student in and of itself does NOT make you tax exempt.

    Answer by Candi1024 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2011