Breaking News!

Christians are wrong. Atheists are right. Atheists scream for the Christians to practice religious tolerance when they themselves (Atheists) do not.

Am I the only one to notice this in the P&CE and Religious Debate sections?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I don't answer a lot in the Politics or Religious sections, but I do read the threads sometimes. I see intolerance on both sides. There are some preachy, self-righteous Christian women, and there are some rude, arrogant atheist women as well. There's also some really nice ladies in both camps.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Way to make sweeping generalizations about Atheists when you want people to stop making sweeping generalizations about others.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I have yet to see this, its actually the other way around from what I see
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I only see SOME Christians go after Atheist it happens a lot more then Atheist going after the Christians on here
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Oh anon....just because you want it to be so doesn't make it so. There are some cases of that...but there are some the other way around as well.
    Atheists are not the spawn of the universe, out to get every christian out there. I promise.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Oy, just like in any subject those that are super outspoken do not speak for the majority. I don't see this from the Christians and Atheists at large, just the loud mouths here, lol. OP, don't stir the pot, you are only speaking for the radical fringe on both sides.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I agree with those who say that there are posters of all backgrounds and beliefs that hurl vile, nasty insults. BUT, I will say this, as a person who was raised in a Christian home and educated in religious schools through Bachelor's degree, I am appalled at those who beat their breast and continually scream about their Christianity in one sentence and then follow-up with a vulgar, personal insult to or about another in the next. How does that behavior align with being a Christian? No, it does not mesh with with any form of Christianity that I have studied or practiced. Either walk the walk, be reflective of the belief system, or stop talking about it. It only makes you appear to be a hypocrite.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2011