Atheist are BAD BAD people

Do some people seriously think this? I see it so much on here. Sure their are some nut Atheist but not all of us are nuts. I may have a big mouth and speak my mind to much but I'm a good person. I never attacked someone else s faith or pushed my beliefs on anyone. Religious folks ask for respect about their beliefs can't Atheist have respect for what they believe? Why is it so hard for a lot of people to respect anyone faith or beliefs?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I see just as many people say it about christians as I do atheists. It is a two way street. I am neither an atheist or christian.
    Anonymous

• Beauty, I really hope that is a sad attempt at being funny. If you really feel that way- then I have to say that you are a bad person and a bad whatever your faith is.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:00 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I think people just tend to mistrust what they don't understand. And it's hard for those who see God(s) as a reality to understand those who don't.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• The difference is it's another post that bashes Atheist.

??? The question I linked to has nothing to do with atheists.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:16 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• True what first pp said. You can't lump an entire group because of a few "bad bad" apples.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:59 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Out of curiosity, what's the difference between this question and this question?

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Wow so the fact that I act with more respect and follow the laws (written and unwritten) of our country and have higher moral standards then most "christians" I know means I am a horrible person who is causing all the pain and suffering in the world beatythebeast?

To answer the original question it is because some people are extremely narrow minded and can't fathom that other people might believe differently then they do.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Why did I get voted down? I believe in God. But it is not our job judge people. Everyone one have their views.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 4:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Whoa! What happened? Holy... shut the front door! most people i hear either just support what the bible says hoping that some are hearing the truth from what they have been taught, but if nobody wants to get that, than, well that is what literal choices and allowances for our own design or perspective. Nobody has rights to ''tell another '' what to believe. I believe what I do for the same reasons an atheist believes what they do. Conviction of reason and proof. by the way what is it again that atheists believe?
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 4:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• religion will always be a controversial topic. Honestly, if you're not religious that's fine (to me), but don't blast it .. and most non religious people don't. I've seen more religious people pushing their religion and judging , but then again the non believers egg them on and laugh about it. Andyes, I am generalizing because it is easiest. Religious people should spread their beliefs and word in their houses of worship and non religious people should be free to say "I dont believe" and not be talked down to. The End. (wont be back to read responses cause I know religious topics will/can get out of hand too fast and I'm too lazy to debate :) )
    Chantibug

Answer by Chantibug at 4:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2011