what is the best type.....

of birth control thats not pills or a depo shot thats easy to remember and cant be stoped right away if i decided to get pregnant again?

cielo1

Asked by cielo1 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Health

• I took the depo shot when I was 18-19 I had my period for 6 mos straight(not just drops) I gained 20 lbs and had head aches. Just remember that shot is good for 3 mos. So if you have side effects you cammot just stop taking the medication. It will be in your system for a while. Best of luck!!
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• yea im on depo now i want to go off i was thinking about the patch or something im not sure though i need advise
    cielo1

Comment by cielo1 (original poster) at 4:18 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Don't do depo. I gained 30lbs, was a raging bitch, and had a miscarriage. Had I known how bad it was I never would have gotten it.
    JenW777

Answer by JenW777 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I have had Mirena in for 2 years and just had it removed b/c of constant headaches, weight gain, No period- That is not right...... It was removed 1 month ago and i have already lost 11 lbs! I do not recommend that to anyone!
    MommyBulger

Answer by MommyBulger at 4:18 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Seriously, condoms. The issue with other forms is that they either have side effects (depo, implant, etc) or they can affect fertility - the IUD for example with can cause scarring during removal. Condoms are very effective, have no side effects, and you simply no longer use them when you want to get pregnant. Just make sure they are stored appropriately, haven't expired, and are comfortable.
    tarabartish

Answer by tarabartish at 4:19 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Try the nuva ring. I liked that, easy to remember, no side effects, it was great.
    JenW777

Answer by JenW777 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Oh and I was Emotionally unstable- made me very depressed
    MommyBulger

Answer by MommyBulger at 4:19 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• love nuvaring. it is by far the best form of bc
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I got th Mnirena IUD 3 months ago and love it. It was easily inserts (moderate period type cramps for a few seconds). I had one period after and haven't had one since. I've experienced zero side effects. There are side effects for some people but I say it's worth the chance. It's good for 5 years (there is a copper one that is good for 10 years) and can be removed any time.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 4:22 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• everything pretty much has the same side effects it just depends on your body.
    momandytai

Answer by momandytai at 7:33 PM on Jan. 4, 2011