• In the Spotlight:

I have an IUD in but when I went to feel for the strings today I cant find them... adult content

I am very swollen down there right now also (had some very rough sex) and I am not sure if it is just that or if I messed something up...
What do you think??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 4:28 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Health

• have you easily felt it before? i have an iud (paraguard) and the first time i went to check it- i couldn't feel it and freaked out. i went to the doctor the next day and sure enough it was still in place- but she told me my cervix is shaped a little differently- so the angle i was trying wasn't going to find it. sorry for the tmi, but that might be the same thing with you (she said it's somewhat common)...also, the amount of string that is "sticking out" is VERY small, like a centimeter or two- so just remember that and be slow and careful...but don't freak out, and if you really can't find it after a few calm tries- i'd get it checked out, but it's insanely rare for the iud to fall out without you realizing it- a lot of symptoms would occur. good luck!!
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 1:29 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I think wait till tonight then try and find them. Your swollen so give it time for it to go back to normal
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I would make an appointment with your doc and have them check the placement. If the IUD is going to fall out, it is most likely to happen soon after getting it. And don't have sex without a condom if you don't want to get pregnant.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:32 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I have never been able to find my strings; they are tucked behind my cervix. I get checked every few months by the DR. I would try again in a day or two if you can usually feel them. If you are still concerned just call your doc and speak with a nurse.
    melissasue38

Answer by melissasue38 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I had mine removed b/c of lost strings, very depressed, weight gain, headaches as soon as I woke up, Did not like it at all!
    MommyBulger

Answer by MommyBulger at 4:33 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I never used it so I just have to bump you.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2011