A gift

One of my bff's just found out she is expecting and she us all the way in TX. I want to send her something special. I need ideas!

mommyg24

Asked by mommyg24 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• Wait till she finds out what she's having. Or maybe send her tons of newborn diapers because we all know diapers are very needed
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• You could put together a combined mommy pampering kit and baby basics - baby bath, lotion, sponges, pacifiers etc. At least then she knows she has those things to use at the beginning or a a back up.
    Awakened1

Answer by Awakened1 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• You could send her a gift certificate to a nice maternity clothing store near her house. I was reluctant to spend much money on maternity clothes because they are only used for such a short time, but then I had to deal with feeling dumpy... my husband still teases me about the day when my cheap mail-ordered maternity pants arrived, and I ended up weeping in the bathroom because they just looked weird. If we have another kid, I'm definitely going to go out and splurge on some really nice jeans.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 8:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Gift card? Wait until they register for gifts.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 9:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Send her a baby shower cake made of diapers. Its cute, special, and USEFUL. I just don't know where to find em but I know that they exist. The people who make the "cakes" are very artistic. Who knew diapers could look so good? Theres bows, decorations, and a lot of the time the cakes come with newborn AND size 1 diapers.
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• If this is her first baby, give her some suggestions she needs to do before the baby arrives. Send her an easy to read book about what supplies she needs. Also, some of the things moms- to-be go through when Pg. Tell her about CafeMoms Pregnecy group. They are awesome and very supportive when she has questions. What did you need?
    WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 11:57 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Wait until you find out what the sex of the baby is going to be. I had someone send me a cute pink dress by mail that lived a long way from here. I had her picture made with her in that dress and sent a picture to them. It worked out great!
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:05 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Aww i would make her a basket with diapers wipes lotions soaps brushes bath toys and all the things you dont need to no the sex of the baby (bottles, bottle brush, bibs, socks, blankets) o maybe you can make it out of a baby bag and put it all in there :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 3:01 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• scrapbooking kit, onsies, etc. If she is going to cloth diaper, those are expensive....get her some of those. Fuzzybuns are really cute. A gift card she can use online is also a good idea =)
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2011